- The Writer – Carrie Kemper
- Director – David Rogers
- A brief synopsis – Holly gives her boyfriend an ultimatum that he propose by the end of the year. Now that the New Year has arrived, he is anxious to find out that it didn’t happen. Afterwords, he finds that it is not that easy to decide what is going on, now that Holly let it go. Pam is trying a resolution board, with interesting results. Dwight and Andy are brought to the bookstore by Darryl in the pretense of picking up women, when he really just wants to read.
- The best line – Michael: Today will either be the best or the worst day of my life. Holly gave AJ an ultimatum. He either proposes by New Year’s or they break up. Now, if she’s engaged, I’m gonna go crazy, and I’m gonna start attacking people. If she’s not engaged, in all honesty, I may just burn this whole place to the ground out of happiness. Either way, I am going to need some talking down. And nobody talks me down like myself in a video talking me down.
- The best moment – Michael cajoling Kevin into finally eating a vegetable, to the shock and horror of everyone in the conference room.
- 2nd best moment – Kevin misinterpreting Holly and flipping her off while saying, “Right back atcha, Bitch!”
- The best storyline – I really liked Darryl, Andy and Dwight’s little sojourn.
- Notable guest appearance – n/a
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Not for shoving broccoli in Kevin’s mouth.
- Grade -B
Average episode with its good points. Pam’s message board is inspired, and the fact that it was not necessarily shunned by everyone, but not entirely embraced either was beyond the usual cliché. I am really loving Darryl at this point. Every decision he makes in the series is golden, even if not well written. He just rises above. Erin is brilliant and works well with everyone, including Phyllis, when they tag team interrogate Holly. The push for resolution with Michael feels a little like the point where everyone was waiting for Ellen to say she was gay. Forced. Still, there is no other show that has confidence enough to show Andy meeting “Andy” in the middle of a roller rink, listening to Dave Matthews Band.