- The Writers – Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg
- Director – Ken Whittingham
- A brief synopsis – Michael’s favorite day, his birthday is threatened by news that Kevin might have cancer. The rest of the staff is very apprehensive, waiting on news. Meanwhile, Dwight is doing what he can to help salvage the day for Michael. Michael creates a diversion that satisfies everyone.
- The best line – Kelly: I never really thought about death until Princess Diana died. That was the saddest funeral ever. That and my sister’s.
- The best moment – When Jim hangs Pam out to dry at the store after she got on the microphone and pretends she is Darth Vader.
- The best storyline – Kevin gets his due here, in the most subtle way possible. Great bonding for the crew without being cloying.
- Notable guest appearance – Steve Carell’s real life wife Nancy Walls makes another appearance as Carol Stills, and Michael gets a date out of it.
- Grade – A
Superb and heady episode dealing with life issues without hugging and learning. Many great moments here for numerous characters, and by the time they get to the skating rink, Michael is in top form.