- The Writer – Brent Forrester
- Director – Ken Whittingham
- A brief synopsis – The branch is absorbing the Stamford branch, and everybody is nervous. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Michael decides to hold his own orientation, instead of Toby’s “borientation.” As a result, more than one person leaves. Jim is back and Pam is ecstatic…until she realizes that he is now dating Karen. With the merger, Dwight now has some competition for the number 2 spot: Andy.
- The best line – Kelly: Jim!
Kelly: Oh! Oh my god! I have so much to tell you!
Kelly: Yes! Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes? They had a baby and they named it Suri. And then Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? They had a baby, too, and they named it Shiloh. And both babies are amazing!
Jim: Great. What’s new with you?
Kelly: I just told you.
- The best moment – The afore-referenced quote is possibly the best moment in the history of the show.
- The best storyline – Dwight and Andy competing. And did Andy just compliment Angela?
- Notable guest appearance – All of the staff that will be gone completely by the next episode, except Karen and Andy.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Firing someone before they quit is a stupid move, but groping them as you try to lift them on a pedestal is worse.
- Grade – A-
A solid episode that really benefits from Kelly Kapoor’s line, the awkwardness of Jim, Pam and Karen and, as usual, the awkwardness of Michael. Dwight and Andy (and Angela) is icing on the cake.
I am a fan of free thinking idiocy.
Leave a Reply