- The Writers – Michael Schur
- Director – Craig Zisk
- A brief synopsis – Ryan is the new Jan, well, sort of…and he has a bunch of new ideas. Foremost among them is Dunder Mifflin Infinity, which is their new online website. The result has the older members of the office feeling a bit outdated. Pam and Jim are outed by Toby in a very slow, dry, fit of jealousy. Everyone is happy, but Phyllis lets Pam know that there will be no favoring in the routing of calls. Dwight, attempting to get back with Angela, finds his efforts unrewarded.
- The best line – Angela: What do you want?
Dwight: To give you this [reveals a cat from under a coat].
Angela: Oh, what is that?
Dwight: It’s a feral barn cat. I trapped him last night and I’m giving him to you as a replacement cat for the one I destroyed.
Angela: Her name was Sprinkles.
Dwight: And his name is… Garbage. Mose calls him Garbage because he likes to eat garbage. [shakes cat] Don’t you Garbage? [makes chomping noises]
Angela: I can’t believe you just thought you could replace Sprinkles. Before she’s even in the ground.
Dwight: You haven’t buried her yet?
Angela: Don’t rush me. I’m grieving.
Dwight: Garbage can be very helpful. OK, he’s a youthful cat. He killed an entire family of raccoons. [holds cat towards Angela] Look at him.
Angela: I don’t want Garbage! I want Sprinkles! [walks away]
- 2nd Money Quote – Ryan: Next night, I’m out, at a bar, 2 AM, I figure I’ll get a sandwich because you can get a sandwich any time of the night. [claps hands] I run into Vince Vaughn.
Kevin: No way!
Andy: Dude, you are so money, but you don’t even know it, but you do.
Ryan: … Later guys.
- The best moment – When Kelly Kapoor tells Ryan that she is pregnant. The camera goes to her in an interview mode and she shakes her head, indicating she is lying.
- The best storyline – Dwight and Angela. Poor Garbage.
- Notable guest appearance – All those old clients who aren’t coming back. And Vince Vaughn, according to Ryan.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – No, but he might eventually be retired early.
- Grade – A
This is a perfect effort but for two scenes: Michael driving into the lake and asking for the gift basket back. All thrusters are firing and the Michael with corporate relationship is reinvigorated with Ryan as his new boss. Jim and Pam together is fresh and new, even after the labor of the previous 3 years. Creed using the printer ink for his hair is great, so is Kelly’s wonderfully desperate attempts to get Ryan back. Dwight and Angela have some wonderful scenes together. Michael even had a good scene showing his concern for a client’s daughter.