- The Writers – Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky
- Director – Paul Feig
- A brief synopsis – Oscar helps Michael discover a surplus in the budget. The staff then battles to decide how that budget will be spent. Dwight, Angela and Andy go through wedding prep, during which Dwight provides a surprise ritual.
- The best line – Dwight: Have you made a decision on the butter sculpture?
Angela: No. I haven’t thought of it.
Dwight: Okay. Cow, goat or sheep. It’s not that hard.
Angela: I would like cat.
Dwight: Cats don’t make butter.
Angela: I would like cow butter sculpture of a cat.
Dwight: It doesn’t make any sense.
Angela: Yes it does!
Andy: Okay, guys!
Angela: I want a butter sculpture of a cat!
Dwight: Cow, goat or sheep.
Andy: What is this? All right, we’re all on the same team. Is it- [steps in manure] Damn! Why is that in the kitchen?!
- The best moment – When Dwight has a “practice,” non-English ceremony.
- The best storyline – The debate is a pretty good all-inclusive storyline, but one can’t help but agonize for Andy.
- Notable guest appearance – Dwight’s relatives are always a welcome surprise.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – I kind of doubt it.
- Grade – B+
A good episode, that works out the kinks and get everybody involved. I love seeing Oscar lead a group versus Pam, while Jim and Pam are at loggerheads about the same issue. Michael as a tool is used effectively here, limiting his stupid actions to a predictable few. Dwight, Angela and Andy won’t last long like this, and the tension is unbearable.