- The Writer – Paul Lieberstein
- Director – Jeffrey Blitz
- A brief synopsis – Creed gets his time in the sun, and very soon after, a committee of Gabe, Toby and Jim is formed in order to find a real manager. Several comic stars are interviewed with some interesting (and some not so interesting) results. Phyllis and Erin find that they may be related. Dwight is downtrodden until an encounter with one of the interviewees incites him to throw his hat in the ring. Angela gets engaged to the State Senator. Oscar and Ryan think that her fiancé is gay.
- The best line – Pam: [looking at an engagement ring on Angela’s finger] It’s gorgeous, Angela.
Kelly: Yeah, I actually know about nice rings and it is gorgeous.
Meredith: [looks at ring, whispering] Wow…
Angela: It’s a little flashy. I mean, what am I? Naomi Judd?
Meredith: Tell us the freaking story!
Kevin: Yeah! Tell us a story.
Angela: Okay. He took me to the replica of Monet’s Japanese bridge, and then he put this flower behind my ear, which normally, I would hate, ’cause it’s so civil rightsy. Then he got down on one knee, and he said, will you be a Senator’s wife?
Pam: [laughing] Oh-ho-ho! He talked about himself in the third person?
Angela: Yes, Pam. Not everyone is as informal as you and Jim. [imitating Jim’s voice] Oh, hey Pam, dude, whatever, wanna marry me? [Erin, Kelly, and Meredith laugh]
Pam: That’s not accurate.
Angela: Then I saw flashes. Reporters were there. They always find us. And everyone was crying, even his aide. [camera pans and shows Oscar in disbelief]Oscar: (to camera)Angela’s engaged to a gay man. As a gay man, I’m horrified. As a friend of Angela’s, horrified. As a lover of elegant weddings, [smiles] I’m a little excited. [expression becomes serious again] But overall, horrified.
- 2nd best line – Kelly: Well, I manage my department, and I’ve been doing that for several years now. And, god, I’ve learned a lot of life lessons along the way.
Jim: Your department’s just you, right?
Kelly: Yes, Jim, but I am not easy to manage.
Gabe: Great! [to Jim and Toby] Um, can we just… [does a “wrap it up” motion with his pen]
Kelly: What was that?
Gabe: We just have a lot of serious candidates to get through today, so… [nods]
Kelly: [getting upset] Am I not a serious candidate?
Gabe: What do you want me to say? I mean, there’s a line of qualified people out there. We have a video CV from England. [to Jim and Toby] Are we all just gonna pretend to– okay. [to Kelly] Um, what are your weaknesses?
Kelly: I don’t have any, assh***.
- The best moment – Jim being called on the carpet for not taking the interviews seriously.
- 2nd best moment – Kelly spilling the beans to Jo about Gabe.
- The best storyline – Please let Erin be related to Phyllis! Please let Erin get back together with Andy!
- Notable guest appearance – Ray Romano, Catherine Tate, Ricky Gervais, Jim Carrey, James Spader, Warren Buffett, Will Arnett
- Would anyone have been hired? – I would hire, Darryl, of course.
- Grade – B+
Not a great episode, but not bad. Given the variety of whack jobs paraded in front of the camera, one would wonder if there is a chance in hell for this show to succeed after Michael. Instinct would be to go the other way. That there is no resolution to the job search is fine, because none of the names they paraded in front of the camera were worth it, except for current staff. Love the subplots, though.