- The Writers – Brent Butt & Mark Farell
- Director – Jeff Beesley
- A brief synopsis – The new fire fighters David and Carol are rubbing Davis and Karen the wrong way. Hank is sure that he has met a TV star from 20 years ago. Oscar can’t avoid the same star, or Emma, who wants him to take care of a job that he keeps putting off. Brent is trying to get the better of Lacey when they go in on mugs. Wanda has to hear about all of it, and dispenses enough bull just to make things interesting for her.
- The best line – Emma: Did you do the leaves yet? Oscar: Yes, I raked the leaves. Emma: Did you get rid of them? Oscar: I have to get rid of them, too? Emma: Well that’s what I meant when I said rake the leaves and get rid of them. Sorry for the confusion.
- The best moment – The conversation between Hank and Oscar that just devolves into a total lack of understanding…then they both leave. This is repeated a little later with Brent in front of Wanda.
- The best storyline – Hank’s enduring quest to find that dog is so endearing.
- Notable guest appearance – The Littlest Hobo?…perhaps.
- Em’s Favorite Character – Brent, because he became Corner G.
- Grade – B
A good episode, even if the David and Carol thing is a bit stiff. My biggest issue with the episode, and perhaps the series. Why on earth is Emma holding her purse in the crook of her arm after she puts the fire out? Everything else about the scene is great, even Davis being in shock. It’s the strangest thing I have ever seen in the series. Wanda’s never really got a storyline, but no one bounces between scenes like she can. Her version of “help” for Brent is the best!