- The Writers – Gene Stupnitsky & Lee Eisenberg
- Director – Ken Kwapis
- A brief synopsis – Everyone wants Michael to sign paperwork to keep them from staying late, but not enough to take advantage of Michael and Dwight’s tough words for one another. This leads to a fight at Dwight’s dojo and some tense times at the office until Michael breaks the ice by finally promoting Dwight to Assistant Regional Manager, taking the “to the” from the title.
- The best line – Dwight: I am now Sempai, which is Assistant Sensei.
Jim: Assistant to the Sensei, that’s pretty cool.
Dwight: Assistant Sensei.
- The best moment – Jim and Pam, getting playful until the moment she notices Meredith watching, then Pam’s expression changes from delight to…
- The best storyline – Michael using Ryan to re-arrange all emergency contacts, just to get Ryan’s cell number…
- Notable guest appearance – None
- Grade – B
A worthy addition to a great season. Natural progression to Pam and Jim, and a nice nudge forward for Dwight, through painful experience.