- The Writer – Jennifer Celotta
- Director – Greg Daniels
- A brief synopsis – Dwight found a half a joint in the parking lot, now everyone must pay. He commences an investigation, in his “duty” as volunteer sheriff’s deputy. Michael tries to joke it off, leading Dwight to work within the rules to get urine testing instituted. Michael is now nervous because he is not sure whether he smoked a “clove cigarette” or something worse at an Alicia Keys concert a couple of nights prior. Meanwhile, Jim loses a jinx and is then forced to be silent until he buys Pam a Coke. This goes on for the day until Pam finally buys her own Coke, to sell to Jim to give to her, because she can’t stand the silence. After being asked by Michael (and then agreeing) to give him some of his own urine, Dwight turns in his volunteer sheriff’s deputy uniform. Michael helps him compensate for his loss by making him head of security for the building.
- The best line – Kelly: And the guys are saying, chug, chug, chug, but I’m so small and all I’d eaten that day was one of those Auntie Anne pretzels from the food court so I said “Is it okay if I sip it?” and they said no, but Ryan seemed cool either way.
- The best moment – Jim talking about the dynamics of Dwight’s relationship with Michael while the camera concentrates on he and Pam, then Jim asking (about Dwight) “What is he getting out of that relationship?” with no sense of irony at all.
- The best storyline – I have to go with Dwight and Angela’s secret code throughout. Showing a strange mutual perversity yet a foundation as an established couple.
- Notable guest appearance – The urine test lady, who remembered Dwight’s green urine from a previous test.
- Grade – B+
A solid effort with no real advances, excepting Dwight and Angela. This is what one could consider an excellent filler episode. Seeing Jim having to exist without words was, at this point, a welcome temporary change.