- The Writer – Greg Daniels
- Director – Charles McDougall
- A brief synopsis – Badge picture day at the office is interrupted when Michael decides to intercede with Toby’s conflict resolutions efforts between Angela and Oscar. This accelerates into an office wide crisis when Michael grabs the rest of Toby’s complaints, eventually resulting in Pam discovering that Jim complained about her wedding planning within the office.
- The best line – Phyllis: Uh, on or off?
I.D. Photographer: Off.
Phyllis: Okay… [removes glasses]
Dwight: Oh! What is on your face? Is that a disguise?
Phyllis: [leaving the room] Excuse me.
Dwight: Clown paint.
- Next best line – Michael: Here is a Kelly complaint: “Ryan never returns my calls.” Ugh, join the club.
Ryan: My voicemail’s really spotty… sometimes…
Kelly: I didn’t file a complaint. I was just talking.
Toby: To your HR representative.
Kelly: To my friend, I thought. I want that withdrawn.
Toby: Fine, I’ll take your name off. [looks at Michael] So no one will know.
Michael: [crumbles up the complaint paper] Makin’ progress. [Jim raises his hand] Yes?
Jim: Dwight tried to kiss me.
Jim: And I didn’t tell anyone because I’m not really sure how I feel about it.
Dwight: That is not true. Redact it. Redact it!
Jim: Well, I’m not actually making a formal complaint. I just really think we should talk about it.
Dwight: Okay, question. [looks at Toby] When a name is withdrawn, does that also apply to the permanent misbehavior file in New York?
- Another great line – Jim: This came out really well. [picks up Dwight’s I.D. from the laminating machine and hands it to Dwight] There you go.
Dwight: This is humongous. I am not a security threat…
Dwight: And my middle name is ‘Kurt’, not ‘Fart’.
Jim: What did I write?
- The best moment – The look on poor Phyllis’ face when Dwight condemns her makeup for the picture is priceless.
- The second best moment – Jim writing on Dwight’s badge, and Michael’s reaction to it.
- The best storyline – Dwight’s series of complaints levied against Jim. The ideas are all genius.
- Notable guest appearance – Melora Hardin’s Jan interviews Jim.
- Grade – A+
Approaching the end of the season with an absolute classic. It has so many great moments and establishes a momentous event that has ramifications on the future. This is the go for it kind of episode that kept the series fresh in the early days. There was another episode after this, but this is better than most Season Enders ever get.