- The Writer – Steve Carell
- Director – Paul Feig
- A brief synopsis – Michael, jealous that Ryan invited some of the branch managers and Toby to go on a retreat, decides to go out in the woods alone, presumably for the night, presumably with nothing to eat or drink. Jim has to deal with the crisis of organizing birthday parties for Creed, Oscar and Meredith, makes an executive decision to handle it with one party.
- The best line – Michael: Hey, buddy.
Michael: What up?
Jim: Sure glad you’re back.
Michael: You are relieved.
Jim: You have no idea.
Michael: So what did I miss?
Jim: Well, I tried to put all the birthdays together at once.
Jim: So, terrible idea.
Michael: Yeah, okay, I did that. Rookie mistake.
Jim: You did do it?
Michael: Uh huh. Yeah, just wait. Ten years, you’ll figure it out.
Jim: Well, I don’t think I’ll be here in ten years.
Michael: That’s what I said. That’s what she said.
Jim: That’s what who said?
Michael: I never know. I just say it. I say stuff like that, you know, to lighten the tension. When things sort of get hard.
Jim: That’s what she said.
Michael: Hey! Nice. Really good. Bravo, my young ward.
- The best moment – How about that last one. The rest of it stinks.
- The best storyline – Um…neither?
- Notable guest appearance – None.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – No, but he should be dead after putting that mushrooms in his mouth.
- Grade – F
This is episode is really bad. There is no other way around it. There is more of Jim as an Assistant Manager doofus, Michael being incredibly stupid, and the staff going out of their way to be annoying. I have to blame the writer, unfortunately.