- The Writer – Lester Lewis
- Director – Julian Farino
- A brief synopsis – Michael is brought in to speak to the lawsuit that Jan brought upon Dunder-Mifflin. Jim’s ping-pong games with Darryl becomes a larger thing when Kelly’s trash talk to Pam.
- The best line –
Pam: Okay, it’s not regulation size, but it’ll do. You have to practice. You have to get real good and beat Darryl.
Jim: Oh, I can’t beat Darryl.
Pam: Please? Kelly’s trash talking me because Darryl is beating you.
Jim: What, seriously? What is she saying?Kelly: [flashback, to Pam] Your boyfriend is so weak, he needs steroids just to watch baseball.Kelly: [flashback, to Pam] Jim couldn’t hit a ping pong ball if it was the size of the moon.Kelly: [flashback, to Pam] Were Jim’s parents first cousins that were also bad at ping pong?Jim: So you’re asking me to defend your honor against Kelly?
Pam: Sorta, yes.
Jim: Bring me players.
- The best moment – Toby laughing as the lawyers describing his crush on Ryan.
- 2nd best moment – Dwight vs. Mose. Enough said.
- The best storyline – Jim’s attempts at becoming better at ping-pong by teaming up with Dwight, who happens to be a huge fan of ping-pong and kicks his ass. Then Pam ends up taking on Kelly, as Jim and Darryl slink back upstairs.
- Notable guest appearance – Lawyers and Mose.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Not here, even though his deposition is mystifyingly dumb.
- Grade – C+
So the writers’ abuse of Michael continues as he is given lines of logic that no one on earth could follow. There are moments, but overall, this episode is representative of a bad lot.