- The Writers – Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky
- Director – Paul Feig
- A brief synopsis – Michael finally finds a way to cancel Pam and Jim’s potential for “plans” by pretending they all have to work. He gets Pam, Jim, Andy, Angela and eventually Dwight and a babysitter to come over for dinner. What follows is an extremely claustrophobic episode, in a way only The Office could be.
- The best line – Jan: Coming! [Dwight and a woman are at the door holding wine glasses and a cooler]
Jan: What are you doing here?
Dwight: We came here to eat dinner and to party, this is a dinner party right?
Pam: [whispering] Awesome.
- The best moment – When Jan plays her intern’s album which obviously has a reference to Jan is delightfully screwed up.
- The best storyline – Dwight convincing his former babysitter to show up with him to the party.
- Notable guest appearance – Michael and Jan’s apartment makes an appearance. Very small. Very, very, very small. And cold.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – If anyone pieced together the overtime fraud, perhaps.
- Grade – B+
Good episode in the most awkward way possible. Several moments stand out, like the sores. We’ve all been there before. And then there’s that wonderful song. And then, there’s when Dwight leaves his babysitter at the bus stop.