- The Writer – Aaron Shure
- Director – Greg Daniels
- A brief synopsis – Michael makes everyone, including Holly, prepare for Jan’s baby shower, only to find that Jan already had the baby. Jim and Pam are having a hard time communicating with one another. Dwight takes it upon himself to test out Jan’s baby stroller.
- The best line –
Jan:OK. You know what? There is, uh, there is one more thing that you can do for me.
Jan: Don’t date Holly.
Michael: Wha – that’s, I hate her. Wha – God! Why would you even ask me to – I, I mean, not that it matters, ’cause I don’t, but wha – OK, all right, fine.
Jan: Thanks for the baby shower. It was great. And I’ll see you… soon.
Michael: All right.
Jan: OK.Holly: You still gonna be mean to me?
Michael: [just hugs her, and she hugs him back and smiles] You wanna go out?
- The best moment – Pam and Jim’s dueling messages.
- The best storyline – Jim and Pam’s demonstration of the difficulties of long distance dating.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Nothing to see here, folks.
- Notable guest appearance – Jan is not going to be around much longer. Unfortunately, either is Holly.
- Grade – B
An agonizingly uncomfortable episode dealing with Jan. Heavy emphasis on the “dealing with.” These episodes do prove how hard it is to get rid of some people, but they give some heft for other moments in the series. It’s not without its sweetness, though. Angela and Andy taking the pictures of the baby, Anne Geddes style tops these. Dwight testing the limits of the baby stroller and then packing it neatly in the back of her vehicle is another. Jan, singing “Son of a Preacher Man” to her baby is max on the awkward scale. Michael hugging Holly, then Jim and Pam’s messages top the moments, though.