- The Writer – Steve Hely
- Director – B.J. Novak
- A brief synopsis – Andy has an idea to try to get sales drummed up. The seminar he holds starts falling apart even before it starts. (Un)luckily he is able to get Kevin, Ryan and Creed to help out. Holly is out of sorts after breaking up with A.J., and Michael is trying to bring her back to life. Pam and Oscar attempt to help Erin beat Gabe at Scrabble.
- The best line –
Andy: Ladies and gentlemen, our special guest speaker will provoke you. He will inspire you. He is… Creed Bratton. [applause]
Creed: Two eyes, two ears, a chin, a mouth, ten fingers, two nipples. A butt, two kneecaps, a penis. I have just described to you the Loch Ness Monster. And the reward for its capture? All the riches in Scotland. So I have one question: Why are you here?
Andy: [clapping] Okay. All right, ladies and gentlemen, it is now time for the rarest of things, an actual free lunch. There are sandwiches in the back. Certainly help yourselves. We’ll meet back up in an hour.
- The best moment – Kevin’s intro into the seminar is classic, laugh out loud hilarious.
- 2nd best moment – The open scene with Ricky Gervais’ character from the original series meeting Michael is sublime.
- The best storyline – I am all in with Andy in his quest for sales, as well as Erin’s quest.
- Notable guest appearance – n/a
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – No, he’s helping out, for a change.
- Grade – B+
A sweet episode with many pleasant moments. The players can really be mix and match at will now. Michael’s kindness really shines here, even through the stupid accent. Seeing Pam and Oscar trying to help Erin get beyond her use of cows for ideas in scrabble is luminous. The point at the end where Andy gives Erin a copy of Shrek 2, however, shows that the show is really all about heart. The show is spitting out better scripts now, and would be a great season, if not for the elephant in the bedroom of Michael leaving.