- The Writer – Justin Spitzer
- Directed by – David Rodgers
- A brief synopsis – Schrute farms is the backdrop for Andy’s Garden Party thrown to impress David California, with Andy’s parents and brother in attendance. Dwight does his best to put on an ornate affair, with the help of a book that he bought from Ebay that Jim wrote.
- The best line – Dwight “I can get you exotic meats. Hippo steaks, giraffe burgers…”
Robert, looking interested, “We’ll talk.”
Dwight, after Robert has left the scene, “It’ll all be goats.”
- The best moment – Rosebud. Classic.
- 2nd best moment – The bird that lands in and takes away Erin’s hat.
- 3rd best moment – What Mose does to Toby’s car is classic.
- The best storyline – Going with Dwight’s excellent usage of Jim’s book. Especially the last scene. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.
- Notable guest appearance – Stephen Collins, Dee Wallace Stone and Josh Grobin as Andy’s parents Walter, Ellen and younger brother, Walter, Jr.
- Grade – A
Season 8 hits its stride with an excellent episode. Nearly every aspect of the show is on key, including Angela’s continuing rivalry with Pam, and poor, freezing Kelly. The overlong toasting joke, which is going awry until Robert California seizes it, gets a hit, and then Gabe takes it back into bad joke territory. Thank goodness Andy drowns him out with the guitar. The Andy vs. his Parents and brother thing had a chance to become overbearing, but they handle it deftly. Then, after the big reveal, his co-workers don’t take him for a fool, or a sap needing loving. Instead, they treat him as one of them. Good touch.