- The Writer – Paul Leiberstein
- Director – J.J. Abrams
- A brief synopsis – Michael, Jim, Dwight and Karen are going to David’s house for a cocktail party. Jan wants to blow it off, Michael wants to arrive early to announce his love for Jan. Back at the office, everyone leaves early to go to Poor Richard’s for drinks themselves. A new, assertive Pam is no longer taking guff off of Roy or anyone. In her quest to set things right for their next time as a couple, she clears the air with Roy about her and Jim. It does not go as expected.
- The best line – Michael: Ready? Come on guys. Early worm gets the worm.
Jim: Another worm? Like, are they friends?
Dwight: It’s early bird gets the worm.
- The best moment – Roy finds out about Jim and Pam. Acts like Roy would.
- The best storyline – Pam, Jim, Roy, Karen. A date with destiny.
- Notable guest appearance – David and his wife. Poor Richard’s makes an appearance.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – I am thinking both he and Jan would be canned.
- Grade – B+
A good episode that takes two sets of destinies and brings them together while they are many miles apart. Great episode for Jim, Dwight, Toby and Pam. The stuff with Jan and Michael stretches believability, though. In true J.J. Abrams fashion, though, a cliffhanger ending that makes one anxious for resolution.