- The Writer – Brent Forrester
- Director – Randall Einhorn
- A brief synopsis – During the complex blood drive, on Valentine’s Day, Michael decides to hold a lonely hearts club meeting. Then when he meets someone while giving blood, he decides to expand the party to perhaps run into her again. Meanwhile, the two couples of the office, Jim, Pam, Phyllis and Bob Vance, decide to go to lunch, where Jim and Pam are forced to wait while the other two spend and inordinate amount of time in the restroom. At the party, Kevin meets someone.
- The best line – Michael: Babe alert! [to the redhead] Hello, I’m Michael Scott, welcome to our little shindig.
Lynn: Oh, hi! I’m Lynn.
Michael: Lynn, follow me, come on in. For you we have one of our top people Kevin Malone. Kevin, come out here show your beautiful self.
Michael: [after a short pause] So run with the ball! Run with it, Kev. [after another pause] Where you from?
Kevin: I’m from here!
Michael: Yeah, OK. Well, he only gets better.
Kevin: Thank you, Michael.
- The best moment – Kevin asking if Lynn does email
- Other best moment – The look on Jim and Pam’s faces when Bob and Phyllis return from the bathroom.
- Yet another best moment – Stanley and Phyllis try to bilk cookies from the blood drive. Creed walks out from the blood van with an unspecified amount of blood in his pockets.
- The best storyline – Though it’s a short one, I am going with Kevin and Lynn.
- Notable guest appearance – Katie Aselton, as Michael’s lost chance, and Lynn Jones as Kevin’s opportunity.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Half a day off dedicated to loneliness? I don’t know how it could go unnoticed.
- Grade – A-
I like this episode. It is very smooth, with the awkwardness just rolling right along with the rest of it. The open is a great moment of cohesion, and there is plenty of opportunity to show depth for characters like Oscar, Kevin and Phyllis in an economical way. This is the way the show is supposed to work.