- The Writers – Gene Stupnitsky & Lee Eisenberg
- Director – B.J. Novak
- A brief synopsis – Michael made a promise, about 10 years ago, that he definitely can’t keep. Jim is convinced to start an employee of the month club with near disastrous results, thanks to Dwight.
- The best line –
Andy:Dr. Tuna, MD, I have some terrible news.Jim: Wait, are you the patient or the doctor?
Andy: The entire office has come down with a pernicious case of the Mondays.
Jim: Wow, what do you put our chances at?
Andy: 0%, unless we perform an immediate emergency morale transplant, stat!
Jim: Hmm, sounds risky.
Andy: Don’t worry. There is a surefire cure. Employee of the Month. Every awesome place I’ve worked has had one.Andy: (to camera) Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, AIG, my summer at Enron.
- The best moment – Stanley’s reaction to learning that Scott’s Tots promise has come due.
- The best storyline – Dwight’s attempts to get Jim fired with the Employee of the Month plan.
- Notable guest appearance – Scott’s tots are great.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – I think he would have been canned for this, having brought shame on a struggling corporation.
- Grade – C+
This is what one could describe as filler. The only thing that makes the episode worth watching is seeing Stanley’s reaction. It is one part of the episode that never gets old. The rest of it is cruel, with little in the way of payoff.