- The Writers – Mindy Kaling
- Director – Randall Einhorn
- A brief synopsis – Michael is jealous that Phyllis gets to be Santa, until something (a buyer for the company) distracts him. Jim and Dwight chair the Christmas Party committee. They are getting better. Oscar has a crush (Matt warehouse guy), and Andy has one too (Erin). Andy gets Dwight and Jim to let him be Secret Santa for his crush, at a horrible cost.
- The best line – Michael: I don’t ask for much for Christmas, I really don’t. It’s not like I’m begging people to buy me diamonds and …broach pendants. “Oh buy me something expensive or I’m gonna kill myself.” That’s not – I don’t care about that. All I want to be is Santa. And, you want to take that away from me? Fine. Go ahead. But when you need my help because I am ruining everything, don’t look at me.
- Second best line – Michael: Hey. How’s everybody doing?
Jim: Not great. You heckled Santa for an hour and a half.
Michael: That was a different guy. That was Jesus. Jesus sort of ruined the party. Hurt petulant Jesus.
Angela: Are you serious? This is so offensive.
Michael: You know what’s even more offensive, is baling on this party because some… jerk ruined the first part of it. Dwight come here. Here’s my debit card, I want you to go pick up a bunch of pizzas and meet me in the conference room.
- Third best line – Matt: Nice to meet you Oscar.
Oscar: Nice to meet you Mark!
Matt: It’s Matt.
Oscar: Right, Matt. [Matt leaves] I know what I’m doing, Pam.
- The best moment – Any of the sweet (or bittersweet) moments of Andy, Erin and the 12 Days of Christmas.
- The best storyline – Same as above, although the episode is full of great storylines.
- Notable guest appearance – Matt, the warehouse guy, 2 Santas, and Jesus. Hurt, petulant Jesus.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Perfect storm of chaos kind of makes it harder, right?
- Grade – A
Good to great, as far as Christmas Episodes go. Passes to a relevant new phase (Sabre) while creating a moving group of stories and wonderful moments. Michael is in top form.