- The Writer – Mindy Kaling
- Directed by – Greg Daniels
- A brief synopsis – Danny Cordray (Timothy Olyphant) is stealing clients from Dunder-Mifflin Sabre and so the Michael decides to trick him. When that does not work, he hires him. Andy starts a band after Broccoli Rob does a milk commercial.
- The best line – Andy: [reading Cornell magazine] Whoa. Libby Dirketts got married. Big Red mazel tov to the Libster. Ooh, says here Dan Becker fell off the side of Kilimanjaro in a climbing accident. It appears Dan’s Sherpa survived to tell the tale-Oh, my God!
Phyllis: What? Is Dan okay?
Andy: No, he died. It’s Broccoli Rob. You know this guy; I showed you his picture on Facebook.
Andy: “Some Vermont-based alums can hear ‘Broccoli’ Rob Blatt, ’96, in the state milk lobby’s new milk awareness song, ‘Calci-YUM!’, featuring Phish’s Trey Anastasio. Says Broccoli, ‘Trey and I had a ton of fun in the studio, and I think you can hear it in the song.'”
Phyllis: Oh, that’s great news for your friend.
Andy: Yeah, yeah, it’s great…
Phyllis: You know, I forget about milk. This is a terrific reminder.
- The best moment – Meredith acting as the head of a company masquerading as a potential client. As Danny shows his sex appeal Meredith turns into…Meredith.
- The best storyline – Michael selling Dunder Mifflin Sabre to Danny. Then he realizes he just outmoded Bob Packer.
- Notable guest appearance – Olyphant as Danny is a coup. I can only hope for more episodes with him.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – No, amazingly, he should be commended.
- Grade – B+
Episode thrives even with an ill-conceived Sting plot. Michael brings it back from the dead with a convincing sales performance. Olyphant is awesome as usual. Meredith thrives as her normal, harlot self. The band dynamic is kind of cool and the reaction to Andy’s song is a great moment for the cast. This is a good example of why this show is so important. Ensemble.