- The Writer – Robert Padnick
- Director – Greg Daniels
- A brief synopsis – It’s Valentine’s Day, and Michael and Holly are all over each other. Every other day as well. Most of the other members of the staff take a bit of an exception to it, so, they decide to move in together. Andy and Erin try to find the “Treasure” that Gabe left for her. Jim and Pam, after getting hammered at lunch, decide to try a little exploration of the office romance idea.
- The best line – Pam: Hey. How you doing?
Darryl: Thinking about my grandmother a lot.
Darryl: She was about to turn 97.
Pam: At least she lived a very long and I’m sure, a very happy life. Got you this card. When you’re ready. We all signed it. We just wanted you to know we’re thinking about you.
Darryl: Thank you. “Congratulations, Darryl. Let’s get wasted.” “Have fun today, big guy.” “Aww, yeah. Party time. Whoo-whoop.”
Pam: It’s possible that some people thought it was your birthday.
Darryl: “Hooray. Live it up big D. ” “Days like this don’t come often enough. Time to celebrate. You deserve this”?
Andy: Birthday punches! [softly punching Darryl in the stomach] One two three four five sice seven eight!
Pam: I’m so sorry.
Darryl: [tears welling up in his eyes]
Andy: …thirteen fourteen fifteen sixteen seventeen eighteen nineteen twenty twenty-one twenty-two twenty-three twenty-four twenty-five twenty-six!…
- 2nd best line – Angela: I don’t know if anyone else feels this way and don’t get me wrong, I love Michael and Holly, and maybe I’m being overly sensitive, but… the PDA.
Oscar: Yes! The freaking PDA!
Oscar: Thank you! I mean, I’m thrilled for them.
Angela: No one is more thrilled for them than I am…
Oscar: Yes, yes, absolutely.
Angela: …but it’s totally inappropriate.
Darryl: Yeah, it’s a little much.
Darryl: Obviously, so happy for them both.
Oscar: So happy. Yeah.
Kevin: I don’t know, guys. I, for one, enjoy watching them, because…
Angela: No, stop! Just don’t.
Kevin: Can I finish? Can I finish? Is that okay? I was saying…I enjoy watching them because it makes me horny.
Angela: God! Kevin!
- The best moment – Plenty of good moments here. Erin and Andy in Darryl’s office is the best, though.
- 2nd best moment – Michael and Holly’s hand play right in front of Oscar is top-notch improvisation.
- The best storyline – Erin and Andy. Everybody loves the sound of a train in the distance.
- Notable guest appearance – Hugh Dane is making the most of his increased exposure as the Security Guard / Barista.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – In any functional office, groping the HR rep would not be allowed.
- Grade – A-
Just a delightful episode from a cast that is matured, yet still constantly growing. The open with Darryl is high comedy, right down to the tear. The staff finding ways to be happy with love is a touching demonstration of the show’s strengthening as a unit. Michael and Holly show how perfectly they are for each other with every frame. When he is with her, he is brilliant. Without her, we are tortured.