Journey 2: The Mysterious Island – 2012 Director Brad Peyton Starring Josh Hutcherson, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Michael Caine, Vanessa Hudgens, Luis Guzman Screenplay by Brian and Mark Gunn Luis Guzman has been […]
Journey 2: The Mysterious Island – 2012
Director Brad Peyton
Starring Josh Hutcherson, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Michael Caine, Vanessa Hudgens, Luis Guzman
Screenplay by Brian and Mark Gunn
- Luis Guzman has been in a bunch of good films, and he has done well in them. Films like The Limey, Carlito’s Way, Boogie Nights, Traffic and Dreamer. He’s also been in a lot of crap, and done horribly in those films. You can add this to that list.
- Michael Caine had perhaps a career performance when he played Alfred for the last time in The Dark Knight Rises. Now he’s in this.
- Josh Hutcherson plays Peta in The Hunger Games and its upcoming sequels. He was grandfathered into this film by being in the last one as a child.
- Vanessa Hudgens’ only other success to this point as been 3 High School Musical films. This is the best she has to look forward to in her future. At least she’s not Lindsey Lohan.
- As for The Rock. This is his career. Past, present, future.
- The first movie made $240 million. This wasn’t enough for Brendan Fraser to be in its sequel. This is a guy that has been in 3 Mummy movies so far. That’s right: 3.
- This movie made $325 million. The profits are getting better. The movies are not.
- The special effects seem like they were made to be in 3D, in that way where you have lots of crap (literally, if you are Guzman) heading towards you at all times. That’s not quite Scorsese level.
- This is the kind of film where you get somewhere that is seemingly really cool and the moment you get there, the place is about to be destroyed in a very short time span. That time span often coincides with the amount of time left in the movie.
- I still have a schoolboy crush on Kristen Davis. The first time I saw her I was in my early 20’s.
- Good news: the whole gang will be back for the next film. It’s supposed to be on the moon.
- I think that the story will have as much to do with Jules Verne stories as the first two films did. Location and title.
- If I was to ask a question, it would be “Why is the Nautilus still there?” but I really don’t care for the answer.
- This film was not nominated for a Razzie…but announcements have yet to be made.
- They have my preliminary vote, God bless them.
- Here is a picture of a tiny elephant: