- The Writer – Jennifer Celotta
- Director – John Krasinski
- A brief synopsis – Sabre takes over the office, and, of course, Michael struggles to adjust. Pam and Jim interview for a local daycare they’d like their child to attend. Andy and Erin team up for a song for their new company.
- The best line – Michael: Okay, everybody, listen up. I have some bad news. Due to circumstances beyond my control –
Dwight: Impulsivity and inattention to detail.
Michael: Hey, hey. I have opened a box, which should not have been opened…
Dwight: Terrible mistake.
Michael: And distributed things which should not have been distributed.
Pam: Well, maybe we can put the box back together.
Dwight: Impossible. He opened it like an ape.
Oscar: I think we can do it.
- The best moment – David, enjoying the freedom of being laid off.
- The best storyline – Andy and Erin. Erin is ready, and Andy decides to let her make the next move. Poor Andy.
- Notable guest appearance – Christian Slater as himself, Kathy Bates as Jo, the CEO, and Zach Woods as poor Gabe.
- Would Michael have been reprimanded? – Michael walks up to the precipice, pivots, and heads back to sanity.
- Grade – A-
Gabe makes an awkward entrance, and then stays around, awkwardly. He is a great addition to the staff, but not as great as Kathy Bates. God, I love her. The Andy and Erin stuff is so tortuously beautiful. Michael is as Michael does.